What Is Web Hosting And What Do Web Hosting Services Offer?
If you’re studying ‘what is web hosting’ or “what do web hosting services offer,” you’re most likely trying to learn about how to launch a website. Web hosting is essential when it involves having your website exist. This blog aims to explain web hosting, how it works and how hosting providers, like us, help businesses grow.
What is web hosting?
Web hosting is an online service that enables you to share your website files on the internet. Thus, your website is accessible to any individual with an internet connection. In practice, it usually pertains to the service you receive from a web hosting provider like CentralOregon.Online
It’s possible to host your website on your home computer, but working with a web host provides many features.
What to look out for when selecting a web hosting package:
You can choose from multiple web hosting options. Ask yourself these questions to identify which one would be most effective for your company:
You need to determine what kind of websites you intend to host online to know the amount of traffic and framework your site will get. An eCommerce website, a news site, etc., is all types of websites with diversifying web traffic.
- What is the purpose of your website? In what time frame do you see your online business expanding?
- Do you need a bunch of hand-holding?
Depending on your answers, you will need just how much of the following:
- Storage space
What is the best way to choose a web hosting provider?
Consider the following areas when evaluating their performance or claims:
- Uptime: Does the company guarantee at least 99% uptime? What is the location of their servers?
- Years of experience: An indication of credibility
- Clients : How many clients do they have? What are the locations where they operate?
- Testimonials and online reviews: These should provide you with a better idea of the company’s reputation.
- Customer Service: Are there trained personnel available to assist you 24/7 at the company?
- Related products: Find a web hosting provider who offers other web service products such as security, email, and backup. By having it all in one location, you can avoid the hassle of coordinating with multiple providers.
- Backup services
- Mobile Access: Is your control panel accessible from a mobile device?
How much does hosting a website cost?
Prices for website hosting will vary depending on the provider. Though you can technically use a free web host, we do advise avoiding them.
Paid vs. free web hosting
You may encounter problems with free hosting, such as unwanted advertising on your site and their domain name in your URL. Purchasing web hosting means you are in complete control of the content on your site.
Paid web hosting is better than free hosting for the following reasons:
- Bandwidth and disk space – Free hosting provides less bandwidth and less disk space. With paid web hosting, bandwidth and storage space are unlimited.
- Limited content – With free hosting, you’re limited in how many images and videos you can upload.
- A breach of security – Highly secure web hosting is usually provided by paid hosting. You are more likely to face a security breach when using a free web host. As a result, credit card information and other data about your customers can be stolen.
- URL & Domain Name – Free hosting services will provide you with a domain name and a custom URL that contains their name. With paid hosting providers, you can have your own domain name and a custom URL.
- Server Performance – Free web hosting servers can overload, meaning there will be scheduled downtime from time to time. With paid web hosting provider Bend Oregon, users are guaranteed uptime and high-speed drives.